Skip to main content

"Too Tiny for Tea" An English Story in Short

"Too Tiny for Tea" An English Story in Short

learning English by story

Marty Mckay was already five years old, but he was still the baby of the family.

"Can I have some tea too?" Marty asked his mother. She drank her tea from a beautiful cup and stirred it with a silver spoon.

"No, Marty. You're too young to drink tea."

"But, why?" Marty asked.

"Because your fingers are too tiny to hold the cup. And tea is too hot for you, baby."

"I'm not a baby," Marty said. "I'm five-and-a-half."

Marty went out to the yard. His brother Ralph was playing basketball.

"Can I play too?" Marty asked. Ralph bounced the ball up and and down under Marty's nose and then threw it into the basket.

"No Marty, you're too young to play basketball."

"But, why?" Marty asked.

"Because the basket is too high for you to reach. And the ball is too big for your tiny baby hands," Ralph said.

"I'm not a baby," Marty said. "I'm five and three quarters."

Marty went into the kitchen. His sister Jane was getting ready to ride her bicycle to the candy store.

"Can I go to the store to buy candy?" Marty asked Jane. He could feel the wind in his hair and the candy on his tongue.

"No, you're too young to go to the store," Jane said.

"But why?" Marty asked.

"Because the store is too far for you to ride to. And your baby bike is too slow."

"I'm not a baby," Marty said. "I'm nearly six."

"Six?" Jane laughed. "You just turned five!"

Marty sat on the grass and watched his sister ride away on her bike. He started to cry. Marty's father was washing the car. He heard a tiny cry and went to find out what was wrong.

"Why are you crying?" Marty's father asked.

"Because I'm too tiny to do anything. I wish I weren't the youngest one."

"Be careful what you wish for," his father said.

Just then, Marty's mother came out to bring Marty's dad his tea. She patted her belly and smiled.

"We're going to have another baby," his mother said.

"And that means you're going to be a big brother," his father said.

"But, I'm too tiny to be a big brother," Marty said. "I'm just a baby!"

subscribe inflame story website for more English motivational short stories with moral

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ghost Footballer

The Ghost Footballer   written by Priyanka Banerjee, West Bengal (India)     When Rajiyappa died he was ‘only’ ninety-five. His wife was remorseful and she said that it was too early to go. Rajiyappa loved to play football from his childhood; but unfortunately he was not a good player and no one wanted to take him in the team. He wanted to be a footballer of “Gajendra”, which was the name of the village as well as the local football team and also wanted to win many trophies. His dream remained intangible. Consequently Rajiyappa stopped going to the football ground. He used to climb a tree which was far from the football ground and from there he watched football matches.  Days passed. Rajiyappa grew up and he tried to get chance in the college football team; but again he failed. Rajiyappa lost all his hope. After a few years Rajiyappa got married. Days passed. Rajiyappa never missed a single football match of his locality. His love for football remained unimpaired....

Fairy-deary

Fairy-deary Written by Priyanka Banerjee, West Bengal (India)    Once upon a time there lived seven fairies. They used to serve the Wasp-King who was very cruel. The King was very strong and seven times bigger than the fairies and whenever the fairies made any mistake, they were stung by the evil Wasp-King. They travelled throughout the kingdom and reported everything to the King. They were afraid of the King and remained sad as the King made each of them wear a thin  headband by which all of them were under the spell of the King and was bound to do whatever the King asked them to do.  One day the King ordered his fairies to find a land where everything was made of gold- the trees, the fruits, the houses, the grasses everything. The fairies started to find that unknown Land of Gold. They were quite sure that they could not execute this impossible task and the Wasp King would punish them. When the sun was touching the horizon, the fairies sat on a cloud. They were ...

"AS YOU SOW, SO SHALL YOU REAP" Short Story in English

AS YOU SOW, SO SHALL YOU REAP One night, three thieves stole a lot of money from a rich man’s house. They put the money in a bag and went to the forest. They felt very hungry. So, one of them went to a nearby village to buy food. The other two remained in the forest to take care of the bag of money. The thief that went for food had an evil idea. He ate his food at a hotel. Then he bought food for his two mates in the forest. He mixed a strong poison with the food. He thought, “Those two will eat this poisoned food and die. Then I will get all the money for myself.” Meanwhile, the two wicked men in the forest decided to kill their mate on return. They thought that they would divide the money between the two of them. All the three wicked men carried out their cruel plans. The thief who wanted all the money for himself came to the forest with the poisoned food. The two men in the forest hit him and killed him. Then they ate the poisoned food and died. Thus, these evil people met with an e...