Skip to main content

"Little Boy’s Love for his Family" A Motivational english story with moral

​​🍂Little Boy’s Love for his Family
motivational English story 


I was walking around in a Big Bazar store doing a shopping, when I saw a Cashier talking to a boy couldn’t have been more than 5 or 6 years old. The Cashier said, “I’m sorry, but you don’t have enough money to buy this doll.”  Then the little boy turned to me and asked, “Uncle, are you sure I don’t have enough money?”

I counted his cash and replied, “You know that you don’t have enough money to buy the doll, my dear.” The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand.  Finally, I walked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give this doll to.  “It’s the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much . I wanted to Gift  her for her Birthday. I have to give the doll to my mommy so that she can give  it to my sister when she goes there.” His eyes were so sad while saying this.

“My Sister has gone to be with God. Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my sister.” My heart nearly stopped. The little boy looked up at me and said, “I told daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until I come back from the mall.” Then he showed me a very nice photo of him, where he was laughing. He then told me “I want mommy to take my picture with her so my sister won’t forget me, I love my mommy and I wish she doesn’t have to leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister.”

Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly. I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy. “Suppose we check again, just in case you do have enough money for the doll?” He said, “OK, I hope I do have enough.” I added some of my money to his, with out him seeing and we started to count it.  There was enough for the doll and even some spare money.

The little boy said, “Thank you God for giving me enough money!” Then he looked at me and added, “I asked last night before I went to sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so that mommy could give It to my sister. He heard me! I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn’t dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and a white rose. My mommy loves white roses.”

I finished my shopping in a totally different state from when I started. I couldn’t get the little boy out of my mind. Then I remembered a local news paper article two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl. The little girl died right away, and the mother was left in a critical state.

The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life sustaining machine, because the young woman would not be able to recover from the coma. Was this the family of the little boy? Two days after this encounter with the little boy, I read in the news paper that the young woman had passed away. I couldn’t stop myself. I bought a bunch of white roses and I went to the funeral home where the body of the young woman was exposed for people to see and make last wishes before her burial. She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest. I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed for ever…

The love that the little boy had for his mother and his sister is still, to this day, hard to imagine. And in a fraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken all this away from him…

Moral: Respect life, Follow and Obey Rules. Don’t make anyone else to pay and bear for your mistakes. Do not make the mistakes which cost others something that can never be replaced. Always have a giving hand and extend your help to those in need and sorrow.

subscribe inflame Story for more english motivational short stories with moral

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ghost Footballer

The Ghost Footballer   written by Priyanka Banerjee, West Bengal (India)     When Rajiyappa died he was ‘only’ ninety-five. His wife was remorseful and she said that it was too early to go. Rajiyappa loved to play football from his childhood; but unfortunately he was not a good player and no one wanted to take him in the team. He wanted to be a footballer of “Gajendra”, which was the name of the village as well as the local football team and also wanted to win many trophies. His dream remained intangible. Consequently Rajiyappa stopped going to the football ground. He used to climb a tree which was far from the football ground and from there he watched football matches.  Days passed. Rajiyappa grew up and he tried to get chance in the college football team; but again he failed. Rajiyappa lost all his hope. After a few years Rajiyappa got married. Days passed. Rajiyappa never missed a single football match of his locality. His love for football remained unimpaired....

Fairy-deary

Fairy-deary Written by Priyanka Banerjee, West Bengal (India)    Once upon a time there lived seven fairies. They used to serve the Wasp-King who was very cruel. The King was very strong and seven times bigger than the fairies and whenever the fairies made any mistake, they were stung by the evil Wasp-King. They travelled throughout the kingdom and reported everything to the King. They were afraid of the King and remained sad as the King made each of them wear a thin  headband by which all of them were under the spell of the King and was bound to do whatever the King asked them to do.  One day the King ordered his fairies to find a land where everything was made of gold- the trees, the fruits, the houses, the grasses everything. The fairies started to find that unknown Land of Gold. They were quite sure that they could not execute this impossible task and the Wasp King would punish them. When the sun was touching the horizon, the fairies sat on a cloud. They were ...

"AS YOU SOW, SO SHALL YOU REAP" Short Story in English

AS YOU SOW, SO SHALL YOU REAP One night, three thieves stole a lot of money from a rich man’s house. They put the money in a bag and went to the forest. They felt very hungry. So, one of them went to a nearby village to buy food. The other two remained in the forest to take care of the bag of money. The thief that went for food had an evil idea. He ate his food at a hotel. Then he bought food for his two mates in the forest. He mixed a strong poison with the food. He thought, “Those two will eat this poisoned food and die. Then I will get all the money for myself.” Meanwhile, the two wicked men in the forest decided to kill their mate on return. They thought that they would divide the money between the two of them. All the three wicked men carried out their cruel plans. The thief who wanted all the money for himself came to the forest with the poisoned food. The two men in the forest hit him and killed him. Then they ate the poisoned food and died. Thus, these evil people met with an e...